Today we are in a particularly festive mood. From one side, in the snow-scented air starts smelling like Christmas. From another, today is one of those days that feel just like an ordinary Monday, but we choose to live that day celebrating!
For festive moments like that, we recommend you try this recipe for crunchy biscuits with pinch of tenderness that we add with our rose water for cooking.
Almond cookies with rose water
1 tea cup almond flour or 1,5 tea cup almonds
180 g butter
3/4 tea cup brown powdered sugar
1,5 tea cup flour
2 table spoons rose water for cooking
a pinch of salt
100 g dark chocolate
dried rose petals
- Grind the almonds in flour using a kitchen robot or coffee mill.
- Add the butter and the sugar. Mix into cream.
- Little by little add the flour and the salt.
- In the end add the rose water, till you form dough.
- Shape the dough into a disc and leave cooling in fridge at least for an hour.
- Get out the dough from the fridge and roll it out with thickness of 5 cm.
- Cut out in shapes and place on baking paper.
- Bake in preheated oven to 180˚ for about 10 minutes, till the cookies get golden edges.
- Get out of the oven and let cool competely.
- Melt the chocolate using a water bath and dip the cookies in half.
- Spread on top dried rose petals and sliced almonds.
We wish you many crispy festive moments! хх
Flavor of Inspiration
Only a few spoons and every culinary idea can be transformed in a beautiful fairytale for all the senses. Highly appreciated by professional chefs and bartenders in Bulgaria, the rose water for cooking might become your culinary piece of freshness at home. Add it to your daily dose of water, or in different drinks, cakes, sweets, dishes with rice and meat, and let the rose speak for itself.