One of the frequent questions we get about Rosey’s Mark products is how to use them, with what flavors and in what kinds of dishes goes the rose flavour in its various edible forms. To show you the immense possibilities of rose in modern cuisine, we collect our author and adapted recipes with rose from different parts of the world, and our collection of culinary ideas in the ‘Recipes’ section of the blog is already rich enough to give you ideas for all kinds of sweets or savory dishes with a hint of rose for every season and every occasion.
Today we are adding a classic breakfast go-to, pancakes! This is one of the easiest and most widely application for the Rosey’s Mark rose jams collection. And to make the pancakes theme more interesting, we serve them American-style, in a full-fledged combination with toppings pairing the rose jam. The result – a rich, balanced flavor combination, with different textures and nutrients for an impressive weekend breakfast at home.
In this recipe, we use the rose and raspberry jam, but it can easily be replaced with the pure flavour rose jam or with the rose and strawberry jam, depending on your preference and the availability in your kitchen. And with the topping, you have complete freedom for optional add-ons, such as fresh seasonal fruit and various tahini, seeds and nuts. And so, it’s pancakes time!
AMERICAN PANCAKES WITH ROSE JAM
1 cup of milk
1 cup white flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp. vanilla seeds or 1 tsp. vanilla essence
pinch of salt
- Separate the yolks from the whites.
- Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff.
- In a separate bowl, beat the yolks with the milk.
- Sift together the flour and the baking powder and add them to the egg yolks and milk mixture, stirring.
- Add the vanilla.
- Gradually add the egg whites to the mixture, stirring carefully.
- In a medium hot, lightly greased pan, pour 1/3 cup of the mixture (you can use a measuring spoon to have even pancakes) and cook for about 30-40 seconds on each side.
- Serve with the rose jam, peanut butter, nuts and dried rose blossom.
with fruit juice, 290 g
Hand-picked Bulgarian rose petals and fragrant raspberries create a fantastic flavor synergy. Try it as an add-on to yogurt and cereals, as a topping in desserts, ice cream and cakes, with pancakes or on toasted bread. Made with fruit sugars only, this rose and raspberry jam is low in calories and limitless in its application.