Entering the autumn season, we start looking for stronger and more caloric food to ensure the necessary energy levels in colder weather conditions. We are also looking for new and new ways to implement the rose floral flavour at its best for every time of the year. Because we believe the culinary horizons in front of our favourite edible flower are limitless and we ready to reveal them to you with eery recipe we share here.
With today’s recipe we are stepping into a less exploited culinary category when we talk about rose-flavoured food, the one of recipes with meat. To the list of meat recipes we already have, like chicken with roses and pistachio, baked ribs with our special barbecue sauce and even tuna carpaccio, today we add the carnivores favourite, the good old bacon. Here it is, irresistible, crispy and with a flavour note you haven’t experienced before, we bet.
CARAMELIZED BACON WITH ROSE JAM
500 g bacon
150 g Rosey’s Mark rose jam
- Spread the sliced bacon on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Over each bacon slice, spread a spoonful of rose jam.
- Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180°С for about 30 minutes, till golden.
- Let cool after baking.
- Serve with veggies of your choice and with a spoon of rose jam aside.