In search for a rich, quick and easy to prepare breakfast on a workday, we’ve come to chia pudding. And we will be adding a rose-flavored touch to this continuously growing in popularity dessert.
So, chia. No doubt you’ve heard good words about this seed’s super-powers. Originating from Mexico, the chia seeds are among the most popular super-foods lately thanks to the energy they bring, together with rich doses of protein, calcium, potassium and omega-3.
While looking for the perfect recipe for our rose-flavored chia pudding, we have discovred the secrets of chia and how easy it is to prepare. And while the majority of chia pudding recipes include milk or yougurt, we are sharing a recipe variation parepared with water and including two textures. Here it is!
1/4 cup of chia seeds
1 cup of water
60 g cashew – raw nuts
a stem of fresh mint
Rosey’s mark rose and raspberry jam
1. In a jar with cap mix the chia seeds and the water. Let soak for about 20-30 minutes at room temperature. Refrigerate overnight to thicken the pudding and get ready to put together your dessert in the morning.
2. Devide the basic chia pudding in two. The first part is ready to be used as thr first layer of your pudding.
3. Pour the second part of basic chia pudding in a blender together with the cashew nuts and 6-7 fresh mint leaves. Blend till homogeneous. This is your second chia pudding texture.
4. In a glass put together your pudding layer by layer. The bottom payer is the basic chia pudding, second comes the rose and raspberry jam and third comes the chia cashew blended pudding.
5. You can finish by decorating with some rose and raspberry jam and one or two mint leaves. For extra rose awesomeness we have added sugared rose petals (we will show you how to prepare these ones in one of our upcoming posts).
These chia puddings are great for breakfast or as a dessert. And the best news is that you can customize endlessly by adding more seeds and nuts or seasonal fresh fruits of your choice. So, it’s pudding time!
Hand¬picked rose petals from the Bulgarian oil¬bearing rose and fragrant raspberries create a fantastic mix that arouses your senses. Few spoons are all that you will need to transform every dessert, cake or other culinary idea into a real triumph of fantasy. Containing fruit sugars only, this healthy temptation knows no limits for its application in food. Start surprising!
Net weight: 290 g