When we share recipe ideas with roses, often sweets and desserts are under the spotlight. But in fact, roses give room to much wider range of usage in your menu. We have already shared some ideas, for a starter, for a salad, for a hot drink, for a chilli sauce. And today we present you a recipe for a main course in which Bulgarian rose meets the inspiring Arabic cuisine, so that it can be transformed into a new, contemporary culinary temptation.
Chicken with rose jam and pistachio
1 kg farm fresh chicken
For the marinade:
5 table spoons olive oil
200 g rose jam
40 g pistachio
2 big cloves of garlic
2 table spoons ginger
4 pcs. bay leaf
1/4 tea spoon pink pepper
1 tea spoon salt
For the serving:
rose petals – dried
mint leaves – fresh
- Wash, dry and cut the chicken in portions.
- In a bowl, mix the rose jam, the olive oil, the pistachio nuts, the ginger, the garlic, one bay leaf, the salt and the pepper. Grind all ingredients into paste using a mortar or in a blender.
- Rub the chicken with half of the paste and leave for at least 2 hours, the best option is to leave it rest in fridge overnight in order to better absorb flavors.
- The next day, take the chicken out of the fridge and leave it till it becomes room temperature.
- Put in deep baking pan and bake covered in а preheated oven at 180˚C for 40 minutes.
- Take out the pan to remove the cover and add the rest of the marinade; bake another 20 minutes, till the chicken gets golden crust.
- Serve with basmati rice.
- Sprinkle with dried rose petals and fresh mint leaves.
All you have to do now is to plan a culinary weekend!
Love and joy
Hand¬picked at early dawn, the blossoms of the Bulgarian oil¬bearing rose are naturally dried and packed in a handy paper bag that protects their aroma for months. Once you open the bag, a whole world opens up for you, a world full of love, happiness and eternal youth. Indulge yourself with fragrant teas and drinks, or go beyond the limits of the obvious and add the delicate but distinctive rose to delicious dishes and tempting desserts.
The numerous handpicked rose petals from Bulgarian rose are the heart and soul of this new generation jam, which contains only fruit based sugars. This healthy temptation has sweet floral taste and makes a great fit with all kinds of desserts, cheese and toasted breads. Start experimenting without limits with its rosy flavor and the results will surprise you again and again.