Let’s face it – sometimes all we need to feel good is a piece of cake. Even more satisfying can be the feeling of the first bite of a homemade cake you prepared yourself. Well, this recipe is for occasions just like that. And if it’s made to improve the mood, let it be chocolate. And let it be with roses!
Take a look at what you need from the ingredients list bellow and let the therapeutic cake baking ritual begin. Why should it be therapeutic? Well, because of the methodology of a cake. If you can turn a list of ingredients into a delicious cake step by step, then, step by step, you can fulfill every life recipe you set your mind to. Isn’t that a nice piece of confectionary wisdom?
CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH OLIVE OIL AND WITH ROSE CREAM
¾ tsp quality cocoa powder
1 tsp brown (or white) sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. vanilla seeds
¾ tsp olive oil
¾ tsp wholemeal (or white) flour
1/3 tsp hot espresso
200 ml of whipping cream
150 g of Rosey’s Mark rose jam
- Mix well the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the eggs and olive oil and beat lightly with a mixer.
- Add the flour and beat again.
- Finally, add the hot espresso and give it a final stir.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan covered with baking paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 160°C with a fan (or on baking mode) for about 30 minutes until a stick is dry.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool completely on a rack.
- For the frosting, beat the cream with a mixer to stiff peaks and gradually add the rose jam to it.
- Spread the cream on top of the cooled cake and decorate with fresh fruits and rose petals.
with fruit juice, 290 g
This sugar-free rose jam presents the taste of damask rose in a new light, with its clean label low-calories recipe with fruit juice. Give Bulgarian rose a chance to enrich the flavour of desserts, cakes, sweet and savory dishes. Also goes well alone on a toast, with yogurt and white brined cheeses.