Autumn is time for readjustments – less time outdoors and more cozy hours indoors. Staying home however isn’t supposed to mean boredom and total lack of social interactions. On the opposite, it’s time to move in the happy moments in good company. And do it in style!
This month’s rose-flavoured recipe gives you all that’s needed – it adds extra glam and luxury feeling to a home gathering. Bellow we are sharing how you can prepare yourself a very special chocolate fondue with roses which will make you shine even in front of your most sophisticated guests.
But first, a few words on fondue and its preparation. Fondue can be prepared with cheese, chocolate or meat. The classical way is cheese-based and it is a national dish from Switzerland. Through centuries it transformed from food for the poor to favourite fancy dish for aristocrats.
Preparation is really simple if you have a fondue pot. There are different models available, with fairly similar operating principles. All you need is heat and a water bath. A good fondue pot is double – with two containers for melting the chocolate using the water bath method, and with an additional stand so that you can keep your fondue melted with a tea candle. Our pot, for example, has a stainless steel vessel outside and tempered glass inside. And if you don’t have a dedicated fondue set a good old saucepan will also do. However, we advise you not to skip the water bath melting.
CHOCOLATE FONDUE WITH ROSES
Products for 6-8 persons:
- 240 g. Rosey’s mark dark chocolate with roses (3 chocolate bars, 80 grams each)
- 200 ml milk
- 20 ml. cherry liqueur
- 1 – 2 table spoons sliced almonds
For the bites:
- cookies, crackers, bread
- other fruits and bites of your choice
- Put the crushed chocolate and the milk into the inner glass pot which is inside external stainless steel pot filled with water. Heat it on the stove (even better if you have gas stove) with moderate fire. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and homogeneous with the milk.
- Remove from the fire and add the cherry liqueur and the sliced almonds. Stir again and put the fondue pot in the middle of the table, with a burning candle under.
- Serve the bites – sliced bananas, oranges, crackers and cookies. It is a good idea to serve additional plates for each of your guests, so they feel more comfortable. And you have nothing else left to do but to accept the compliments for the exquisite brunch you have served… Enjoy!
A refined combination of high¬quality dark chocolate and organic Bulgarian rose oil. Each bar is handmade and it promises true excitement in every bite. Surrender to this most romantic chocolate flavor. A real gift for those in love…with the small pleasures in life.
Buy online here (for Bulgaria and EU countries)