In June summer mood slowly but surely rises together with the temperature outside. Sun rays come to us more often and come warmer. In short, we are opening the summer season and the cherry on the top on that summer sweetness can be put literally as it is also cherries season!
If you are already following Rosey’s mark, you know that we combine rose flavour with various other flavours and ingredients in order to show you just how many culinary possibilites our edible roses can give. And what do we do when we have a seasonal fruit of the month? Recipe with rose and cherries, of course! And this one is luscious and sweet, just like summer season. The balance of ingredients, flavours, aromas and textures here is so worth tasting that this chocolate temptation directly goes on the top of the month desserts list.
Chocolate mousse with rose, quick cherry jam and almonds
for 4 servings
350 g heavy cream
150 гр milk chocolate with roses Rosey’s mark
200 g cherries
3 table spoons brown sugar
1 tea spoon almond liquor or almond essence
50 g almonds
- Roll in salt the slightly wet almonds and bake in the oven for about 10 minutes at 180˚C.
- Remove the cherry pits and put the pitted cherries in a sauce pan together with the sugar. Boil for about 10 minutes till the mixture tickens. At the end add the almond liquor (or almond essence) and let the cooked cherries cool.
- Melt the chocolate over a hot water bath. Stir well the heavy cream (it’s important that the heavy cream is at room temperature).
- Add the melted chocolate to the heavy cream and stir well.
- Pour the mousse in small serving cups and spread the ready cherry jam on top.
- Add cutted almonds on top.
- Let cool for at least one hour in fridge before serving.
Intense chocolate experience that will melt you, as it has gathered the full¬bodied aromatic charm of
Bulgarian oil¬bearing rose. Handmade treat that will take you into the warm hug of the Rose Valley. Close your eyes and let yourself be conquered by its floral magic ¬ with no limits.
Buy online here (for Bulgaria and EU countries)