Bread! It’s a symbolic food and in it’s own way is part of the cultural code of the vast majority of nations. With different preparation techniques, variety of flavours, shapes and ingredients, bread baking is a specific ritual, especially in a festive day. For some, making home bread is a cult, and those bread ambassadors seduce more and more enthusiasts for the pleasure of kneading the dough yourself.
Through bread making, and while staying home, today we want to take you to a symbolic journey from Bulgaria, to Italy and South of France. How come? We take flour and lavender blossom from the Bulgarian fields, knead with some Italian tradition and sprinkle the spirit of Provance on top. Voilà! From the oven comes out golden-baked focaccia with lavender, herbs and edible flowers.
5 cups plain wheat flour 550
1,5 cups whole grain flour 1850
1 table spoon salt
3 table spoons dried lavender blossom
1 table spoon dry yeast
3,5 cups warm water
¼ cup olive oil
For decoration: sea salt, olive oil, lavender blossom, fresh herbs and edible flowers
1. In a big bowl mix the flours, salt and yeast.
2. Add the water and stir by using wooden spoon till you get sticky dough.
3. In a big bowl (or in a box) pour the olive oil and then add the dough, spreading the oil on all sides of the dough. Cover with foil (or with the lid of the box) and leave to rise for 1,5 hours (or up to 2 days in fridge).
4. When the dough doubles its size, knead gently and move to a baking tray covered with baking paper.
5. Spread the dough evenly, sprinkled with olive oil and make holes with fingers. Let it rest for another 20 minutes.
6. Decorate with herbs, dried lavender blossom and edible flowers.
7. Bake in pre-heated oven at 200˚C for about 20 minutes, till your focaccia gets that golden color.
Relax and good sleep
Relax and good sleep
An aroma that captivates. With its extraordinary properties, the organic lavender blossom caresses and soothes the senses. Just a few sips of this aroma¬rich tea and the stress, uneasiness and insomnia become a thing of the past. Thanks to its distinct flavor, lavender is great for mixing up cool drinks and cocktails at your home party, leaving your guests feeling refreshed and at ease. Pure magic!
Buy online here (for Bulgaria and EU countries)