January becomes more and more popular as the month of clean and detoxifying eating, especially after the excess amount of food during winter holidays. Vegan january, as an example, takes popularity with more people around the world every year, although the initiative starts just a few years ago in the UK.
Well, no matter if you call the first month of the year “Veganuary” or it’s a regular “eat all I want” January, the recipe we share in this post is too good to be skipped. The combination of flavours, aromas and textures, the good fats and last but not least, the easy preparation method, definitely put this recipe in our favourite do it at home recipes. A must try alongside your cup of coffee or tea.
PEANUT BISCUITS WITH ROSE-FLAVOURED CHOCOLATE
for about 10 biscuits
2 cups (250 g) wheat flour
baking powder, baking soda, and salt – 1 tea spoon of each
¼ cup (120 g) peanut tahini
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
6 table spoons (70 g) water
1 cup (250 g) brown sugar
80 g Rosey’s mark dark chocolate with roses
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl, except the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix all the liquid ingredients, together with the sugar.
- Add dry to liquid ingredients and stir well till homogeneous.
- Finally, add the chocolate with roses, chopped into pieces.
- Let cool in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180°С and, using an ice cream scoop, form the biscuits and place in a baking tray leaving space between them.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, till the edges of the biscuits become golden and the inside is still soft.
- Let cool completely in the baking tray before serving.