During the month of year when people talk about love the most, we choose to fully apply the concept that ‘love passes through the stomach’ by inviting you to cook something special for a loved one. We already wrote with an idea on how to give flowers that won’t fade fast but will be long remembered, because they leave a love aftertaste. Speaking about the taste of love, we have chosen to share with you our version of the most romantic recipe with roses in the world culinary tradition.
Persian love cake
125 g butter
1 cup of flour
1,5 cup of almond flour
1 cup of sugar
2 table spoons rose water for cooking
2 table spoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 table spoon grated lemon peel
1 table spoons vanilla extract
1 tea spoon powdered cardamom
1 tea spoon baking powder
½ tea spoon salt
For the glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tea spoons milk
2 tea spoons rose water for cooking
for giving pink color of the glaze – a pinch of beetroot powder or beetroot juice
Use pistachio and dried rose petals for decoration.
- Whisk the butter and the sugar into smooth cream.
- Add the eggs one by one, whisking after each egg.
- Add the lemon juice and the lemon peel, the rose water and the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl mix the two types of flour, the baking powder, cardamom and salt.
- Add to the sugar-egg cream and whisk well.
- Pour the mixture into 20 cm baking ring and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes.
- Leave the baked cake to cool off completely.
- For the glaze, whisk all ingredients and carefully pour over the cake.
- Decorate with chopped pistachios and dried rose petals.
Let every juicy rose-flavored bite be duplicated in countless shared love moments. Give love!