On New Year’s Eve, we present our proposal for a festive dessert that will both feed the senses with its opulence of color and texture and give an elegant, subtle finish to any holiday table with its lightness. An added bonus with these Rose Poached Pears is how easy they are to make. To leave us time for enjoyment and relax during the holidays, which otherwise easily turn into a mega-marathon of cooking for the hosts.
We wish you happy, colorful, delicious holiday moments. May they bring you a positive charge, lightness and inspiration for a wonderful new year.
And now, to the recipe…
POACHED PEARS WITH ROSES
for 6 servings
3 large and not very ripe pears
1 cup of honey (or other sweetener)
5 tbsp. dried hibiscus flower
3 tbsp. Rosey’s Mark rose water for cooking
¼ tsp. vanilla seeds or 1 vanilla pod
300 g of sour cream
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. Rosey’s Mark rose water for cooking
100 g mixed nuts
2 tbsp. honey
¼ tsp. salt
3 tbsp. Rosey’s Mark dried rose blossom
- Peel the pears, cut them lengthwise in halves and remove the seeds.
- Place the pears in a large saucepan and add the honey, hibiscus, rose water, vanilla and enough water to cover the fruits.
- Bring everything to a boil and let it simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes, until the pears soften and turn pink.
- When they are ready, take them out and let them cool completely.
- In a tray on baking paper, distribute the nuts and roll them in honey. Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for about 10 minutes at 160ᵒC until they become fragrant and golden.
- Whip the sour cream with the honey and rose water.
- Spread the sour cream sauce on a plate, place half a pear and decorate with the caramelized nuts and dried rose petals.
100% natural, 250 ml
Rosey’s Mark rose water for cooking and drinks flavouring is distilled from fresh blossom organic rose damascena. Naturally rich in rose oil, rose water has an antioxidant and antimicrobial effect, improves mood and slows down aging. Add to your daily dose of water, coffee, drink, dessert or main course.