Summer is festive as it is, sunny and careless, and, we taught, it’s the perfect moment for a nice cake. On the other hand, the hot season seams to call for a cake recipe like that – with no milk, no gluten and no baking. It’s tempting how simple it is to prepare at home and, of course, to indulge in a piece. With this raw chocolate cake, we celebrate also the late rose-picking season in Bulgaria this year. Thanks to it we are enjoying fresh rosa damascena blossoms till the very end of June. Here it is, to a luscious summer!
RAW CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH ROSES
For the base:
100 g hazelnuts
100 g dried cherries
50 g coconut flakes
2 tablespoons coconut oil
pinch of salt
- Put all the products for the base in a blender and blend till small crumbs are formed.
- Move to round cake ring with 20 cm diameter and cover with transparent foil.
- Press well using a spatula to for a nice base.
- For the cream, first blend the avocado till smooth.
- Melt the chocolate with water bath and add it to the avocado in the blender. Keep 20 g of melted chocolate apart, for decoration.
- Add the rose water to the cream ingredients in the blender and blend again till you get fluffy cream.
- Spread the cream on top of the cake base, even it using a spatula and cool in fridge for 1-2 hours.
When the cake is cooled and the cream is solid, take it out of the cake ring, remove the foil and decorate with the rest of the chocolate and with fresh rose blossom.