A good dessert to lift up the mood – that’s classics. Homemade tiramisu – that’s another classics which, by the way, was created to do exactly that, lifting up the body and the spirit (tirami sù, Italian – lift me up, get me on my feet).
The legendary Italian dessert without baking unites unmistakably some of the most famous Italian ingredients – coffee, mascarpone cheese and ladyfingers biscuits. Now try imagining what would happen if, to those ingredients, we add the ultimate Bulgarian ingredient, the rose… Well, just like with people immediately attracted by one another, a love affair begins, and we want to enjoy its sweetness again and again.
Here the recipe that can lift the mood the Italain way, and can call for some spring mood as a blossoming Bulgarian rose:
TIRAMISU WITH ROSE JAM
24 pcs ladyfingers
500 g mascarpone cheese
125 g powdered sugar
300 ml strong espresso coffee
5 tablespoons marsala wine or other alchohol
100 g rose jam by Rosey’s mark
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Take all ingredients out of the fridge 2 hours in advance.
2. Make the espresso coffee. When it’s cold, mix it with the marsala wine/the alchohol.
3. In a big bowl, mix the egg yolks with 100 g of the powdered sugar, stirring till you get a fluffy cream.
4. Add the mascarpone cheese and stir again using a mixer.
5. In a separete clean and dry bowl, stir the egg whites with the rest of the sugar till you get nice thick meringue.
6. Gradually add the whipped egg whites to the mascarpone cream, mixing carefully.
7. Choose a suitable dish to put together the dessert – a deep tray, bowl or jar.
8. Dip ladyfingers in coffee and spread on the bottom of the dish. Cover with cream.
9. Alternate the previous step and in the end, after the top layer of cream, spread the rose jam.
10. Sprinkle with cocoa powder and let the dessert cool in fridge for 10 hours, or overnight.
11. Serve with a cup of espresso.
The numerous handpicked rose petals from Bulgarian rose are the heart and soul of this new generation jam, which contains only fruit based sugars. This healthy temptation has sweet floral taste and makes a great fit with all kinds of desserts, cheese and toasted breads. Start experimenting without limits with its rosy flavor and the results will surprise you again and again.
Buy online here (for Bulgaria and EU countries)