Rose flavour is our top choice when it comes to planning a romantic menu. So in love-themed month of February we have prepared for you a culinary surprise, which, if you decide to cook yourself, will give flavour and texture to the phrase ‘Love goes through the stomach’.
By the way, while our beloved floral note is not anymore such a stranger ingredient when we speak of desserts, bakary and drinks, it might still sound a bit too extravagant when applied in main dishes. Well, this risotto recipe comes to show that, when carefully mixed with the rest of the ingredients, the fragrant rose has a strong potential in main and savory courses.
But let’s go back to food that awakens Love. We believe that if cooked with love food acts as an aphrodisiac in itself but let’s warm it up even more by adding some renowned aphrodisiac food ingredients. To our unquestioned number one, the rose, we are adding shrimps, garlic and hot pepper.
In brief, if you dare to experiment with this rose-flavoured main dish you will be serving a plate that whispers ‘Fall in love!’ with every bite, guaranteed.
RISOTTO WITH SHRIMPS AND ROSE WATER
for 2 servings
1 cup arborio rice
4 cups broth (fish, vegetable or chicken)
1 cup white wine
2 cloves garlic
1 small ognion
1 bay leaf
300 g peeled shrimps
salt, black pepper
2 tablespoons rose water for cooking
red hot chilli flakes, parsley, parmesan cheese
1. Bring the broth to boil together with the garlic, ognion and bay leaf.
2. Let boil for 10 minutes, then strain the broth.
3. In a big pan, heat oil and warm the rice till it gets transparent.
4. Add the white wine and cook for 4-5 minutes, till absorbed.
5. Start adding the broth little by little, stirring gently till the liquid is absorbed. Repeat till you add the whole broth, in about 10-15 minutes.
6. In a smaller pan, heat oil and cook the shrimps with salt and pepper, till they become golden, for about 2-3 minues.
7. When the shrimps are ready add them to the rice.
8. Finally, add the rose water. Serve immediately.
9. Decorate with freshly grated parmesan cheese, parsley leaves and a pinch of red hot chilly flakes.
Flavor of Inspiration
Only a few spoons and every culinary idea can be transformed in a beautiful fairytale for all the senses. Highly appreciated by professional chefs and bartenders in Bulgaria, the rose water for cooking might become your culinary piece of freshness at home. Add it to your daily dose of water, or in different drinks, cakes, sweets, dishes with rice and meat, and let the rose speak for itself.
Net weight: 250 ml