Here it is… September, with its warm days and cool evenings. Here we are, back in the city. But let’s not make of September an ending of that summer mood. Let it be a beginning. Actually, let this September be a really good beginning – something like the days after New Year’s Eve but for a successful restart of the city rhythm.
Precisely this month of precisely this year we really want to shape the right attitude for positive new beginnings for ourselves, and to pass it on to you, too. And instead of feeling sorry not to have spent enough evenings at the seaside bars we put our pink glasses on and feel like moving the happy hour in our homes. If you already know us, you kind of know that we call for pink thoughts by using our edible roses on a plate… well, this time we will use them in a glass. With this cocktail we are about to show you that a first-class bar happy hour is a mission possible right at your home. So, Cheers to a happy September!
SOUR COCKTAIL WITH ROSE INFUSED GIN
for 2 cocktails
100 ml high-quality gin
2 table spoons Rosey’s mark dried rose blossom
2 table spoons simple sugar syrup
juice from 1 lemon
slices of lemon and fresh basil leaves for serving
2 table spoons rose sugar
For the rose sugar:
3 table spoons brown sugar
3 table spoons Rosey’s mark dried rose blossom
1. Pour the gin in a small jar together with the rose blossom and let infuse for 24 hours.
2. For the rose sugar, grind together the sugar and the rose blossom by using a mortar.
3. Prepare cocktail glasses by wetting the glass edges and dipping them down in the rose sugar so it sticks to the edges. Fill the glasses with ice cubes.
4. In every glass, pour 30 ml rose infused gin and 2 table spoons simple sugar syrup (you can prepare simple sugar syrup by mixing even parts water and sugar till sugar is dissolved).
5. Divide the fresh lemon juice in two and pour in the glasses as well. Fill up with soda.
6. Decorate with slices of lemon and basil leaves.
Love and joy
Hand¬picked at early dawn, the blossoms of the Bulgarian oil¬bearing rose are naturally dried and packed in a handy paper bag that protects their aroma for months. Once you open the bag, a whole world opens up for you, a world full of love, happiness and eternal youth. Indulge yourself with fragrant teas and drinks, or go beyond the limits of the obvious and add the delicate but distinctive rose to delicious dishes and tempting desserts.
Buy online here (for Bulgaria and EU countries)