On the list of top spring festive foods, together with Easter eggs, Easter sweet bread and green salads, in Bulgaria we praise lamb. Cooked the right ways, this type of meat may be taken as a symbol of a good spring feasts menu. That’s why, just a few days before Orthodox Easter, we have prepared for you a simple to make recipe, which has an original twist, and most importantly, it’s delicious!
Lamb chops glazed in rose jam with wild garlic pesto
for 2 portions
4 pcs. lamb chops
5 table spoons rose jam
2 table spoons balsamic vinegar
2 table spoons butter
2 garlic cloves, pressed
For the pesto:
1 handful wild garlic/ramsons
1/2 cup olive oil
the juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Season the lamb chops with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. In a big pan on moderate temperature, heat the butter and put in the lamb chops. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
3. After getting that golden color, take the lamb chops out from the pan. Reduce the heat.
4. Put the pressed garlic and the rose jam inside the pan and stir dynamically.
5. Add the balsamic vinegar, stir and let the mixture compress for about 1-2 minutes.
6. Return the lamb chops inside the pan for another 2-3 minutes, pouring the sauce over, till they become glazed and juicy.
7. To make the pesto, just blend all ingredients together using a blender.
8. Serve the lamb chops still warm, on bed of rice and wild garlic pesto.
Visit our YouTube channel here for video version of this recipe step by step.
We wish you sunny, fresh and delicious springtime feasts!
The numerous handpicked rose petals from Bulgarian rose are the heart and soul of this new generation jam, which contains only fruit based sugars. This healthy temptation has sweet floral taste and makes a great fit with all kinds of desserts, cheese and toasted breads. Start experimenting without limits with its rosy flavor and the results will surprise you again and again.
Net weight: 290 g