Even on a rainy day in June, we keep reminding ourselves that summer is here. We dream of sunny mornings next to an open window, or better, on the balcony or in the garden, with a breakfast that will boost our summer freshness mood. Oh, wait, we have just the right recipe to recreate all that.
Tart with roses, strawberries and raspberries
for 6-8 servings
250 g flour
125 g cold butter
1 tablespoon sugar
a pinch of salt
2 tablespoons cold water
1 jar of rose jam
100 g raspberries
200 g strawberries
1. Mix the flour, the sugar and the salt in a bowl.
2. Cut the butter into squared pieces and add it to the flour by rubbing into it till you get large crumbs. You can use kitchen robot about that step.
3. Add the egg and the water and knead into solid butter dough.
4. Roll in foil and leave in fridge for 20 minutes.
5. Roll out the dough into a circle around 0.5 cm thick.
6. In the middle of the circle spread the rose jam and the cutted fruits, leaving uncovered around 3 cm on the sides.
7. Roll the ends carefully to close the tart, smear with yolk and bake in oven for 20 minutes on 180˚C.
And while we are waiting for our tart to cool down before cutting it, we can share with you, guys, that we are now actively working on the Rosey’s mark development plan we told about here, after we had made it to the winning top 10 of the European accelerator KATANA.
Love and joy
Hand¬picked at early dawn, the blossoms of the Bulgarian oil¬bearing rose are naturally dried and packed in a handy paper bag that protects their aroma for months. Once you open the bag, a whole world opens up for you, a world full of love, happiness and eternal youth. Indulge yourself with fragrant teas and drinks, or go beyond the limits of the obvious and add the delicate but distinctive rose to delicious dishes and tempting desserts.
Net weight: 30 g
The numerous handpicked rose petals from Bulgarian rose are the heart and soul of this new generation jam, which contains only fruit based sugars. This healthy temptation has sweet floral taste and makes a great fit with all kinds of desserts, cheese and toasted breads. Start experimenting without limits with its rosy flavor and the results will surprise you again and again.
Net weight: 290 g